Developed by Sport England, Clubmark is a set of National standards for National Governing Bodies of Sport to adopt and their affiliated clubs to meet. The scheme recognises and accredits clubs that are committed to providing safe, effective and friendly environments for young people and Adults.
Hampshire currently has a small number of clubs that hold the Clubmark standard. As of 11th February 2014, the following Hampshire Judo Clubs are Clubmark Accredited.
Introducing the British Judo Association Club Accreditation Scheme / Sport England Clubmark
Developed by Sport England, Clubmark is a set of National standards for National Governing Bodies of Sport to adopt and their affiliated clubs to meet. The scheme recognises and accredits clubs that are committed to providing safe, effective and child friendly environments for young people and Adults.
Clubmark was introduced by Sport England in 2002 to:
- Develop high quality, welcoming environments for young participants
- Ensure common and consistent good practice and minimum standards within clubs
- Recognise high quality sports clubs through a common branding
- Empower parents/carers when choosing a club for their children
Clubmark focuses on 4 key areas of development within clubs:
- Coaches and Volunteers
- Good Practice and Child Protection/Safeguarding
- Knowing Your Club and its Community
- The Playing Programme
The British Judo Association regards Clubmark as a minimum standard that clubs should be achieving in their operation, and has integrated it into the BJA Club Recognition Scheme.
Clubs themselves received a number of benefits once they are Clubmark accredited.
- Priority BJA Regional Development Officer time
- Enhanced support from BJA technical staff
- Exclusive use of the Clubmark logo
- Raised profile in the local community
- High quality links with local schools (Schools 2dojo)
- RDO support with grant and funding applications
- Promotion on the National Clubmark database
- Promotion of your club on the BJA clubs database and opportunities to promote your club within Matside magazine
- Favoured applications when applying for funding to Sport England, County Sports Partnerships, Local Authorities and other local and national organisations
Please Click here to go to the BJA webpage containing more information on obtaining Clubmark http://www.britishjudo.org.uk/clubmark
Or contact Peter Beard – BJA Regional Development Officer